DCP (Dynamic Cone Penetrometer)
- The Dynamic Cone Penetrometer is very useful for the testing of soil compaction and testing of the soils strength attributes of penetrability.
- The DCP test is used on-site for soil density tests; no samples need to be taken to a laboratory.
- The Dynamic Cone Penetrometer finds its application in geotechnical investigations to obtain information on the physical properties of soil and rock around a site to design earthworks and foundations for proposed structures and for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions.
- The DCP test is used to measure the resistivity of soils or backfill materials required for underground transmission lines, oil and gas pipelines.
- The DCP is an in-situ tester to determine CBR of soil; it is a yardstick for the cell-tower site preparation as well as for trenching and laying of fibre-optical cables.
(DCP-setup comes complete with carry bag)